Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/23/2017, 01:29 PM   #1
MaggieMae
Registered Member

Question Problem with tomini tang

I am new to the hobby and I have a tomini tank in a 55 gallon tank with live rock and live sand. I am running a 20 gallon sump on it. A few days ago I woke up earlier than normal and went to check my tank. I found my tomini tang resting between rocks on the bottom of the tank. He was grey in color and I assumed he was dead so I went to remove him from the tank. When I poked him with the net his fins flashed back to yellow and he swam around slowly. I moved him to quarantine where he got his color back throughout the day and continued to eat like normal. The only thing is that he has some sort of damage to his right side. I don't know if he scrapped against a rock or if he is sick with something. The water tested at 0-.25 ppm ammonia, nitrite 0ppm, nitrate 0-5 ppm, phosphate 0ppm, ph 8.3, and the tank temp stays at about 80 degrees. Any ideas what this could be?

MaggieMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/23/2017, 01:34 PM   #2
MaggieMae
Registered Member

Unhappy Picture of fish

Here is a picture of my fish

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0748.jpg (77.8 KB, 14 views)
MaggieMae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
saltwater beginner, sickness, tomini tang