Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/07/2017, 10:22 AM   #1
Hambonej20
Registered Member

New tank advice 29 biocube

Needs yalls input. 29g oceanic
Hey everyone. Need everyone's opinion, thoughts, questions. 29g oceanic cube. Completely gutted sump. Mars-aqua lights on top of stock lid. Rydor skimmer in first chamber on to filter floss carbon then live rock into my 3rd with the heater and stock pump. Lights are 100b/30w on timers 6-10a blue 8-8white 6-10p blue 10-6p dark. water is testing perfect been running about 8 months. Two clowns and a clean up crew. any input would be appreciated.

Hambonej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/07/2017, 03:36 PM   #2
mhurley
RC Staff

1 thread please...not 6.

Current Tank Info: 60G Cube
mhurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/07/2017, 08:48 PM   #3
Hambonej20
Registered Member

Post something beneficial to newbies rather than talking them down. I would absolutely love your input??? 🤔

Hambonej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/07/2017, 09:21 PM   #4
mhurley
RC Staff

I was merely letting you know that there's no need to post the same thread in 6 forums.

As to your question, well...I don't actually see any questions. So, ummm, nice tank and good luck....????

Current Tank Info: 60G Cube
mhurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/08/2017, 07:29 AM   #5
ReefWreak
Registered Member

I posted this in the other thread that you posted this text in, but it sounds like you're on your way on the 29g tank. If you have questions, we'd be happy to help out and offer advice.

If you're asking for general nano-keeping advice, my first recommendation is always to go slow, and don't overreact to things that happen. Second is that tank maturity is really important, but yet really hard to achieve. It's tough to not be constantly playing with your tank the first 3-4 months, but after 6 months, the tank levels out, gets much more consistent, you'll understand it better, and things tend to be more smooth at that point.

The first 3-4 months (even 6 months) are tough, and things are still swinging around due to immaturity (both on your part and the tank's part; Including when experienced reefkeepers start up new tanks), so be patient and enjoy the ride. Sit and appreciate all of the little complex living organisms taking part in your tank ecosystem.

And lastly, don't hesitate to ask questions, that's why we're all here. To ask, discuss, and learn.

ReefWreak is offline   Reply With Quote