Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/24/2017, 01:25 PM   #1
Jayjason
Registered Member

Ro system help

Hi, sorry if this is not the right place. Ive been trying to figure out how to get more pressure from my ro unit. So what i did was add a booster pump to the RO main input. I feel confident running my system at 110 psi. So far it works great except for the pumps pressure switch. It comes on at at 60 psi which is okay with me. But the ro dont start filling the tank untill it gets down to 40 psi. Its the auto shutoff not letting the system build water until it drops to 40 psi. I need tgh 80-90 psi im getting at the tank but i need the ASOV to bstart building water before 40psi?? Ive googled alot and cant seem to come up with any ideas. I have new filters installed too. Thanks

Jayjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/24/2017, 03:51 PM   #2
Jayjason
Registered Member

I need to figure out how to make the system start making water BEFOR the storage tank drop to 40psi. My line IN pressure is 110-20. And even with 120 psi line IN pressure the ASOV wont turn on flow until the tank drops to 40 psi?? Please help

Jayjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/24/2017, 06:24 PM   #3
on the spot
Registered Member

I'm of no help to your posted question but you might have better luck in the equipment forum. There are also specific vendor forums - you could ask the folks who sold you the unit if they sponsor here.

sorry, and good luck.

on the spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/26/2017, 08:55 AM   #4
billdogg
Registered Member

Give Russ at www.buckeyehydro.com a call. If he can't help you, nobody can!

Current Tank Info: 120 mixed reef with 40b sump, RO 150 skimmer, AI Sol Blue x 2, and a 60g Frag Tank with 100g rubbermaid sump. 2 x Kessil A360w lights, BM curve 5 skimmer
billdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/16/2017, 04:53 AM   #5
Buckeye Hydro
.Registered Member

It's best if you are controlling a booster pump with a pressure switch to do away with the ASOV valve, and use a solenoid valve instead. What you're seeing the the electrical pressure switch "fighting" with the hydraulic ASOV. I've only seen this about a million and a half times before.

Also - if you have your pump plumbed in before your prefilter housings (we don't recommend this) I would lower your pump output pressure to no more than 80 psi.

Russ

Buckeye Hydro is offline   Reply With Quote