Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/01/2017, 08:13 PM   #1
Yellow_donkey
Registered Member

Romance is in the air, but

My male perc wont dance for her. Literally, I dont think he got that gene that says when the big lady charges across the tank at you and starts beating the crud out of you, do a little shake.

I saw him do it once, the dance, she beats the crud out of him then dances for him, several times a day. This has been going on for about 4 weeks now. The male is healing up fin wise now, but she started in hard again today. Not death fights but he is certainly stressed.

Is there anything I can do to help. Both fish are great and have had the male for over 6 months. I dont want to give him away but may have too. He just will not submit.

Couple days ago he snuck over and jumped in her BTA, he got a real good beating after that one. He is now a transient MP10 resident, its like sleeping on park benches as he has been kicked out of the communal rock anenomea they shared.

If he would just shake, I would feel this would smooth out?

Unread 09/08/2017, 11:26 AM   #2
westohooligan
Registered Member

It's the same in my tank. I've had them over a year now. My female becomes gravid with eggs, will have her depositor out, does all kinds of nudging and dancing for him and he's completely oblivious. Like I mentioned in another thread, I think it has a lot to do with how inbred clowns are nowadays.

westohooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/28/2017, 06:14 PM   #3
Yellow_donkey
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westohooligan View Post
It's the same in my tank. I've had them over a year now. My female becomes gravid with eggs, will have her depositor out, does all kinds of nudging and dancing for him and he's completely oblivious. Like I mentioned in another thread, I think it has a lot to do with how inbred clowns are nowadays.
Ahh, I had not thought about that. Makes perfect sense though, him not understanding certain, primal things. Very interesting.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk