Reef Central Online Community
Blue Zoo Aquatics

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Royal Exclusiv / Bubble King
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10/15/2017, 02:53 AM   #1
pfy333
Registered Member

Return pump recommendation

Tank dimensions 60" X 30" X 22" roughly 170 gallons w/ (2) returns and a 30" X 20" X 16" sump maybe 20-30 gallons. I plan to manifold my plumbing to run reactors. Since the Red Dragon 80W is discontinue should I wait for the new 100W or go for the 150W. Sump will be located under the stand.

pfy333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/2017, 12:13 PM   #2
slief
RC Sponsor

Since Iíve been running the RD3 230ís on my system for nearly 2.5 years now and since the RD3 150 is essentially the same pump with just lower wattage, I can tell you from experience, that itís one of the best variable speed pumps for itís size that money can buy. While the 150 may be a bit overkill for your needs, the upside is that it will give you flexibility in terms of future needs, your manifold and tank upgrades down the line and you will never need to run it at full power. Since we donít know the pricing on the RD3 100 yet, Iíd suggest waiting until Black Friday and getting yourself an RD3 150 at a discount from one of our dealers. The cost difference between the discounted RD3 150 on Black Friday vs the RD3 100 when itís released should be close enough to warranty the upgrade. Itís a beast of a pump and you will love it.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2017, 12:05 AM   #3
pfy333
Registered Member

Thank you, looking forward to Black Friday. ��

pfy333 is offline   Reply With Quote