Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/16/2017, 11:05 PM   #1
OzFisho
Registered Member

Vectra L1 - changing the Ramp Speed / Time?

Hi folks.

Just wondering if the Ramp Speed on the Vectra L1, going from Feed Mode back up to Normal Flow, can be altered?

I'm running the L1 in a sump in Return Pump Mode, and my sump is fed by a Bean Animal overflow. When I set the L1 to Feed Mode it runs at a very slow speed as I set up during the Calibration process.

A problem occurs however when Feed Mode ends and the L1 begins to ramp back up to Normal Flow speed, as this process takes several minutes. Until flow is up to full speed, the Bean Animal keeps stopping and starting, making a lot of noise and stirring up the sump.

By contrast if I manually turn the L1 down for feeding, then turn it back up to full speed quickly the Bean Animal overflow re-starts properly in only a few seconds.

I would therefore like to be able to shorten the time the L1 takes to ramp back up from Feed Mode to Normal Flow speed. I cannot however find how to do this on the EcoTech website or anywhere else.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help!!!

OzFisho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/21/2017, 07:27 PM   #2
OzFisho
Registered Member

So not possible at all?

Anyone from EcoTech got an opinion or advice?

OzFisho is offline   Reply With Quote