Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10/26/2005, 08:32 AM   #1
earraval
Registered Member

orp calibration

Hello Curt,
can I use the the pinpoint 400 ORP/REDOX, high precision calibration solution to calibrate my orp probe?? if yes how am I supposed to do it?? I was reading the instruction of my AC-Pro, and seems that I need a 2 solutions (7 and 10) plus chrydrone !! tks,
Ed

Current Tank Info: 1000Lt Tank, Deltec 702, Mazzara Led, Apex Controller, Littermeter pumps.....
earraval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/2005, 10:54 AM   #2
clp
RC Sponsor

If the Pinpoint ORP calibration solution is like any of the other premade ORP solutions, then it is not very accurate. Anyway you'll have to manually adjust the ORP offset if you calibrate with a reference we don't support. Here is how you can do it:

Put the ORP probe in the 400 solution.
With the controller in the run display note the ORP reading.
Now go to the hidden manual calibration menu. To do so go to the self test display (second screen on AC2). Press the up button twice, the down button twice, and then the select button.
Select ORP manual cal.
Adjust the ORP offset up or down depending on the reading in the run display. For example say the ORP probe reads 390 instead of 400, then the ORP offset needs to be increase by 10. Leave the ORP scale unchanged since this is a single point calibration.

Curt

clp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/28/2005, 05:44 PM   #3
plaz
Premium Member

We just got our unit and are planning to use a Hannah ORP probe that was given to us. Do we need to calibrate?

plaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/31/2005, 09:14 AM   #4
clp
RC Sponsor

I don't know anything about the Hannah probe so I can't tell you. If the probe is new, it will likely have a breakin period of several days and will initially read low.

Curt

clp is offline   Reply With Quote