Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/31/2006, 01:27 AM   #1
johnb0184
Registered Member

kalk drip or calcium reactor

I was just wondering what is the diffrence?

I understand a kalk drip is much simpler than a reactor. Is the reactor only worth it on a larger tank or should you have it on all tanks? I currently just dose calcium once a week, but I would like to do something a little more accurate. I want to do a kalk drip but was just wondering what the advantages and disadvantages are.

Also can you drip kalk directly into the tank, because I do not have a sump?

Current Tank Info: six small fish & a few corals
johnb0184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/31/2006, 04:50 AM   #2
petermai
Registered Member

i'm a full time student so i'm busy all day and the last thing i want to do when i get home is mix this mix that, blah blah blah. i just want to stare at the tank and unwind the whole day in this time period so i'm opting for a calcium reactor but i'm still lookin for a ph controller before this dream can come true.

petermai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/31/2006, 07:06 AM   #3
SVTour
Registered Member

From what I see with my kalk reactor, it appears to only be a supplement to the calcium that I add manually. Without the kalk reactor, I was adding 2 part calcium every day, with it I'm dosing once every 3 days or 4 days.

The calcium reactor is a more permanent solution to the dosing...

Current Tank Info: 220gal RR in wall w/ 90gal sump/fuge, 39 gallon QT, 2 X 45 gallon salt mixing station, Full LED lighting, RKE w/APC Tunze and MLC
SVTour is offline   Reply With Quote