Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07/26/2006, 10:56 AM   #1
ReefTank1
Registered Member

rose anemone spitting out food

i fed my 5 inch rose anemone 3 pieces of silversides a few nights a go and the next evening (about 20 hours later) it regurgitated all three pieces out of its mouth, just wondering whether this has happened to anyone and why

My anemone was very healthy before and after this and it is still doing well, it always ate those silversides before without a problem

ReefTank1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2006, 11:28 AM   #2
kamil5000
Registered Member

I've had my LTA spit out some shrimp once. Next feeding time it was eating again.

Current Tank Info: 200g display tank - Envision Acrylic, 50g LR sump, 40g water treatment tank, 75g RDSB + refugium, Deltec TC 2560 external skimmer, Deltec phos & carb reactor, Tunze Wavebox plus Tunze ph, 2 x Iwaki returns, Koralline reactor, 1000w MH & PC lights
kamil5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2006, 06:26 PM   #3
Flax
Registered Member

I was just about to post the same thing. Am I feeding it too much? I gave it whole silverside, It took it all in, then spit it out. The anemone looks very heathy though...

Flax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2006, 07:57 PM   #4
TOURKID
Registered Member

yes. you are most likely feeding it to much. try 1 piece of a silverslide. mine spits them both out if I feed it two.
And feed only every other day at MOST. it needs time to digest and expell before it eats agian.
I feed every third day and its growing fast

EXPECT more than others think is possible

Current Tank Info: nada
TOURKID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2006, 09:16 PM   #5
sarahkucera
Registered Member

Re: rose anemone spitting out food

Quote:
Originally posted by ReefTank1
i fed my 5 inch rose anemone 3 pieces of silversides a few nights a go and the next evening (about 20 hours later) it regurgitated all three pieces out of its mouth, just wondering whether this has happened to anyone and why

My anemone was very healthy before and after this and it is still doing well, it always ate those silversides before without a problem
I've got one about that size and I feed him 1/3 of a silverside every three to four days and he eats just fine.
Try feeding him less and seeing if he takes it.

sarahkucera is offline   Reply With Quote