Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 10/21/2006, 11:40 PM   #1
kdblove_99
Registered Member

D.A.S EX-2 Protein Skimmer??

Does nayone have any experince or know anything about these skimmers?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=46313

kdblove_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/22/2006, 12:10 AM   #2
Jim_S
Timo Boll

D,

They're actually pretty sick. They are very similar to deltecs. They run aquabee pumps. I think they somehow borrowed deltec's design.

Hows that canopy working out?

Jim

Bradley Nowell

Current Tank Info: We're recreating the ocean in our livings rooms. With that said, I've had some ups and downs.
Jim_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/22/2006, 12:54 AM   #3
lcdd
Registered Member

I have no experience with one but I read they are a hit or miss. I think they are an old Deltec design. I believe they may have been discontinued and a distributor has a large stock in a warehouse. Some are very good, yet others were horrible in quality control. i.e., the cup was glued on crooked on a ex3. I think the review on the ex2 was good though. Here is the link to the review of that skimmer. page 1 tells you where to find info on a particular skimmer. I think the EX2 was covered on page 61 among others. overall a very informative thread on several skimmers.

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/...read-61.html??

this is the seller I was referring to
http://stores.petorama.net/Categorie...ters%3AFilters

Good luck.

Current Tank Info: 180 Reef/fish
lcdd is offline   Reply With Quote