Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Drs. Foster & Smith/LiveAquaria.com > LiveAquaria.com
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/18/2006, 05:39 PM   #1
DFS
RC Sponsor

Divers Den Notification Email Alert

To better serve our customers we have incorporated an all new Diver's Den® email Alert System. Sign up today so you can know instantly when we activate new items in the Diver's Den® (WYSIWYG) section of the LiveAquaria.com web site.

All of the items will now be activated at one time, as opposed to adding them one at a time to the site as we have done in the past. While the new items are preparing to load in the Diver's Den® section, an email is sent automatically to all customers who have signed up for this new program. This way everyone has an equal chance at purchasing these one of a kind Corals, Clams, Fish, and Invertebrates. Please visit LiveAquaria.com and sign up to be notified today.

LiveAquaria.com:
http://www.liveaquaria.com/

Diver's Den® Email Alert Sign Up:
http://www.liveaquaria.com/DiversDen...ignUp_form.cfm

Sincerely,
Kevin Kohen
Director of LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster & Smith

Unread 12/19/2006, 03:10 PM   #2
snorvich
Team RC member

What an absolutely great idea!!! I signed up before I posted this.

Unread 12/20/2006, 02:21 PM   #3
MimicTang
Moved On

How bout sending the thumbnail pictures of the new stuff in the email? Or sectioning off new additions. If you like to mix them in how bout a border or background.

Unread 12/20/2006, 02:45 PM   #4
dfs/la2
RC Sponsor

MimicTang,

Thank you for your comments. They have been forward to our Aquatic Facility for further review.

Jessica H.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster & Smith

Unread 12/21/2006, 02:49 PM   #5
sarduci
Premium Member

This is a good idea!

Now, if we could just make sure some of that cool stuff makes it over to the retail store (like the rainbow colored arco I got a week ago by shear dumb luck), I'd be driving up there way more often than I could afford.

Unread 12/23/2006, 11:34 AM   #6
jmaneyapanda
Commencing hatred

I dont think this will help you guys get what you want as much as you think it will. Before, they would add new things, and you had to look to find it. Now, thousands (or more) emails will be sent, and everyone will rush to the site. Like throwing a loaf of bread to the rioting masses. Wont last long. Kudos to DR F+S though.

Unread 12/28/2006, 01:50 AM   #7
MimicTang
Moved On

I get my email notifications instantly. =)

Unread 12/30/2006, 04:07 PM   #8
jmaneyapanda
Commencing hatred

Along with the X thousand other people who have signed up for the service. All looking at that same coral at the same time. So by the time you decide you like it and want to buy it, too late. Someone else has already grabbed it. Like I said, great idea, and impeccable service, but it wont help anyone to get that certain whatever they were looking for.

Unread 12/31/2006, 12:35 PM   #9
ERICinFL
Rejisturd Mimbur

Quote:
Originally posted by jmaneyapanda
Along with the X thousand other people who have signed up for the service. All looking at that same coral at the same time. So by the time you decide you like it and want to buy it, too late. Someone else has already grabbed it. Like I said, great idea, and impeccable service, but it wont help anyone to get that certain whatever they were looking for.
I don't think there are thousands of people that just sit in front of their computers, hitting the refresh button on their email all day. I check mine once a day at most. If I'm lucky enough to check my email as the post comes out, then I've got a jump on other people, if not, oh well. It's a great idea and I'd like to see more online vendors follow suit.

Sorry kids, your college fund is gone, but the tank looks SWEET right?

Current Tank Info: 150gal mixed reef. ER CS135, 65gal sump/fuge with a Mag12 return. (2) Korillia 4s, (1) modded MJ1200, two SunSun 3200gph powerheads. 250+lbs LR.
Unread 01/01/2007, 11:34 AM   #10
jmaneyapanda
Commencing hatred

But why not just check the LaiveAquaria webpage, then? My point is that lessa tention will be drawn to it with no email notification. I think it is wonderful for DR F+S, but I do not at all see it helping people to get what they want. Its drawing more attention to higher demand items.

Unread 01/02/2007, 05:57 PM   #11
MimicTang
Moved On

Still looking for a way to tell who's new and who's old still. Also who's a man-eater, who's not and size would be nice too.

Unread 01/02/2007, 07:28 PM   #12
dfs/la2
RC Sponsor

We thank everyone for your helpful suggestions. We continue to forward all of your comments to our Aquaculture Facility and appreciate your input.

Nate M.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster & Smith