Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > Mmckibben
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

1. New Comment
  2. New Comment

Who Is Sick Of Driving Hours To Get Fish?

hi my dear how are you today i hope that you are fine my name is Kate Williams am 23 years old am from Liberia please can we be a good friend's am a good girl with respect i will tell you all about me latter please i will expect your reply very soon please try to reply thanks from yours good friend Kate.here is my email address [email]katewilliams@gala.net...thanks[/email]
  3. New Comment

Coral Carbon Crisis part 2

Looks like you have put a great deal of time into this and it's made me realise my occasional nightime pH drops may be reaching levels where my corals are suffering. I would like to see the pictures you have taken, see some data, hear more about each species' health and their recovery. Nice work though!
  4. New Comment

Coral Carbon Crisis part 2

sorry, graphs won't load.
  5. New Comment

Tell me your flood stories!

We used to live in arizona, and once we had a flood. There was a foot of water in the streets. I live in the basement we put water prof dry wall next to where that aquarium was going to go. Under the aquarium is just carpet and cement. It's real easy to clean up water.
  6. New Comment

Two out of five corals doing bad, can't figure out why.

Well, I found an answer, and it was the "water prof" metal plumping clams I had. Got a poly PAD, and now things are doing good. As for the flat worms, they are only on the glass. They were also there when the corals were doing well. Don't see them on the tops or bottoms of the corals. The flat worms I have don't look like the bad kind and stay smaller than a grain of rice. Do you dose Iodine? My old aquarium had lots of candy cane corals, and I found that they did better with small doses of iodine. You also need to feed candy cane corals once a week. you can either use plankton, or spot feed them at night with brine shrimp. I like spot feeding better because it doesn't raise nitrates as much.
  7. New Comment

when i first set up the 90g in the master bedroom...we dumped the water from the huge tub into the tank, but didn't realize that there were holes in the handles until almost 20 gals spilled out. still have the stains on the living room ceiling from this.

going back to my childhood...the flood of 1972 in Steuben County was devastating. Our basement was completely filled with water when the creek overflowed and we had an underground stream beneath the house that bubbled up from the fruit cellar. we lost so much...my mom, most of all...all of her belongings from her childhood were in two steamer trunks down there...and another box of all her drawings...she was going to become a fashion designer before she got married and had kids...it was a dream she hoped to return to...but hundreds of her extremely detailed drawings were lost. It took weeks to recover the house from this...mud everywhere...I remember the smell, too...musky, damp..yuck. My aunt and uncle's house, a ranch located next to Big Creek River, total loss.

But not nearly as scary as the earthquakes I went through in California!
  8. New Comment

Two out of five corals doing bad, can't figure out why.

hey there....the alk was okay? I can't keep candy coral to save my life. I have a couple that are doing okay...but not great. I did notice that whenever I did a water change...they perked back up. So i'm wondering what salt you use, and what you are dosing, if anything. If the reactor may be the problem, remove it for a day and see what happens. Flat worms are nasty insidious little creatures...if they are on the glass, they are on the coral. Lost whiskers to that myself. Hope you find an answer. Kat.
  9. New Comment
  10. New Comment

That's kind of dumb they charged you, I will come down to the courtroom and demand they refund you three times what they charged you. My aquarium is in the basement too. The ground here in colorado is always shifting, so level is impossible. I started out with the water level even. It's been a year, and now one side of the aquarium is a half inch lower than the other. I chose an aquarium with extra thick glass to counter act this.
  11. New Comment

I had one of my customer's 110 gallon AGA aquariums crack open across the bottom due to their stand being un-level, (note: I did not sell or install this system) which drained their entire system into their posh finished basement. Their insurance agency tried to blame it on me, and consequently sue my company for $8,000.00 in damages to their basement, all because I was there doing maintenance the day before it failed.
  12. New Comment

LED aren't expensive, you've been lied to =]

did someone edit the links out?
  13. New Comment

They don't have to be due to your aquarium either. Just any flood.
  14. New Comment

Jaw fish question

Thanks for the reply
  15. New Comment

Jaw fish question

interesting. i don't know if jawfish are as bad as blennies or gobies...i have all three...and the jawfish seems to hide in already developed nooks and crannies. I haven't seen him really disturb the sand at all since i added him. Now, that may be a hit and miss sitch...as it is with any fish.

Just my two cents...if anything specifically negative pops up on this question...i would really like to know because it's a great, valid concern.
  16. New Comment

I have 5 already, along with a dimming power supply I can hook up to profilux
  17. New Comment
  18. New Comment

Led's

Don't tease me, wheres the site?
  19. New Comment
  20. New Comment

Help now!!!!!!!!!!

you're welcome. stop by my blog anytime...some stuff in there that might make you smile, or laugh, or think.....