Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > Aqua Digital Blog for all things we distribute
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Fauna Marin Balling review

Posted 04/12/2010 at 05:12 PM by AQD_ottawa

I have been asked for a long time now to do a review and set up guide using the Fauna marin Balling salts and GHL dosers.

Well finally all parts are here to start

With the Bubble Magus balling canisters are here so i can now start the GHL doser and balling light review and set up guide so many have asked me for that have GHl dosers.

First some pics

So here is the new eye candy

[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i159/monitors-direct/IMG_4888.jpg[/IMG]

And this is what makes up the balling kit.

[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i159/monitors-direct/IMG_4886.jpg[/IMG]
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 257512 Comments 4 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. New Comment
    So in the picture we have

3 x Bubble Magus 2.5L canisters (also available in 5.0L) ideal for balling mixtures

3 x Fauna marin balling salts, no I am not using cheap salts that I have no clue what has been added to them or not, FM salts are designed for the tank.

3 x FM trace B elements, for that all important colouration of the corals

1 x Bubble magus tubing holder, I was amazed at the attention to detail and quality iin such a simple item.

1 x GHL 4 pump doser

If anyone is interested in balling or especially the containers and tube holders or anything for that matter I talk about here, all Aqua Digital dealers carry it all so drop them or me a line for more info. We can supply any dealer you wish

For reading up on this concept here is the manual

http://shop.faunamarin.de/media/cont...K-comm_ENG.doc

So the next step is set up.

Tomorrow I will insert the GHL doser into the cabinet and drill the 8 holes required to run the 1/4 hoses through the shelf, I say 8 as one pump will be used for AWC at 1L a day when i finally get that set up.

More to follow tomorrow.
  2. New Comment
    The equipment set up.

As you can see below the whole system is set up minus adding the actual elements which I will do tomorrow.

GHL 4 stage doser connected to the profilux and plumbed in

All Pipe work going to the tube holder and coming from the balling containers, the containers come with screw tight fastners for the tube so no risk of one flying off.

3. New Comment
    Close up of the tube holder, I have been crafty and used spare peri tubing to run through the bubble Magus holder so the pipes are nice and tidy going into the sump. I have also used the more flexible air line as the Calcium line especially can choke up like a vein and is easier to unblock with this pipe.

And 1 x stand back and admire the goodies shot

Tomorrow I will discuss GHL programming with screen shots and also how to work out initial dose rates. I have cheated and already done this by 5 days of manual pre dosing and measuring of the element depletion per day, so i know already what my system draws, but I will focus on this important step more tomorrow
  4. New Comment
    what happen to the rest of the blog?