Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > System configuration and fish for my two tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Hardware components of my two primary tanks and some of the fish I keep
Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

ProfiLux Remote Access

Posted 05/16/2011 at 04:45 PM by snorvich
Updated 05/19/2011 at 02:11 PM by snorvich
Tags profilux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro_Reef View Post
Setting up your Profilux for remote log in isn't "too" complicated, but does require a little familiarity with your router.

First off you need to determine what the IP address of your profilux is. The simplest way to do this is to manually configure your Profilux with a static IP address. In the Profilux Software you do this as follows:

1.) connect to your Profilux using the Profilux Control Software
2.) Click on the "System" section of the options (right hand panel)
3.) Click on the "Lan" button
4.) Set your IP address, Subnet mask, Default gateway, and DNS.
5.) Click on Save
6.) restart your Profilux (disconnect and reconnect the power after 5 seconds)

Now that you have your network options set you need to configure your router. This is a ROUGH guide, as each router is slightly different, if you let me know what brand of router you have I can give you more detailed information.

You will need to open your routers configuration page. If its a Linksys Router it is usually http://192.168.1.1, a Dlink might be 192.168.0.1, you will have to check your manual OR perform the following command from a command prompt if it isnt one of these:

1.) go to the "Run" menu in windows (or press the windows key + R at the same time)
2.) type in "cmd" and press ok, this should open a command prompt
3.) type "Ipconfig" and press enter (no quotes)
4.) check for the "Default Gateway", this is your router

So open your web browser and connect to your routers address (the default gateway).

In your routers configuration you need to find the area for "port forwarding".

This option is often hidden under a variety of headings, it could be under "NAT, network adress translation, gaming rules, port forwarding, etc. You may have to poke around a bit to locate it. again, if you tell me what kind of router you have I can provide more details.

Once you have located the area you need to forward port 10001 (the port the profilux uses) to the IP address you manually set your profilux to use.

Thats the "general" idea, I can give you more details once I know what brand you are using.

Gareth
Posted in Profilux
Views 25900 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments