Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Unread

Schooling and Shoaling

Posted 04/25/2011 at 06:35 PM by snorvich (System configuration and fish for my two tanks)
Updated 03/18/2014 at 05:40 PM by snorvich

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorvich View Post
Since this issue comes up so frequently on Reef Central, some additional information might be useful. An aggregation of fish is the general term for any collection of fish that have gathered together in some locality. Fish aggregations can be structured or unstructured. An unstructured aggregation might be a group of mixed species and sizes that have gathered randomly near some local resource, such as food or nesting sites.

If, in addition, the aggregation comes together in an interactive,
Team RC member
Views 12690 Comments 0 Go to first new comment snorvich is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Let the plumbing begin

Posted 04/20/2011 at 12:56 AM by Rotknee

Here is my first crack at the plumbing.
Of course you will notice that my return flow T'd off to another line that may get less flow. Note, in the big picture plumbing it this way would be best as any other was would have called for more elbows whereas I am now only using three.

When filling the tank the difference between flow wasn't noticeable.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/shonuff66/3sumpplumbing018.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/shonuff66/4sumpplumbing019.jpg[/IMG]...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 30309 Comments 2 Go to first new comment Rotknee is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Tank is on the stand...

Posted 04/20/2011 at 12:38 AM by Rotknee

This tank was heavy!!! The problem wasn't simply lifting it; it was lifting it while keeping the padding in place and putting the tank in EXACTLY the right place. Again, my stand hugs the tank perfectly and does not extend any further than the tank itself on all sides.

My first concern when building (like it actually "built" it...LOL) the tank separate from the stand was...will it fit? As you can see here it turned out perfectly.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/shonuff66/1Onstand013.jpg[/IMG]...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 19143 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Rotknee is offline Edit Tags
Unread

67g Rimless build

Posted 04/17/2011 at 10:18 PM by ReefRockerLive

So after much thought I have settled with a 36" x 24" x 18" 3-sided Starfire Rimless with an external coast to coast overflow w/ BeanAnimal overflows.

For this build I will be using some equipment from my old 75g which has been down for almost 2 years now.

If there is a theme around this whole project, it would be "Silence". I've owned two tanks throughout my Reefing hobby, a 55g and 75g and floods have been all too common. With this new...
GHL Mitras LX7 Club
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 15136 Comments 1 Go to first new comment ReefRockerLive is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Here are some early pics of the tank

Posted 04/14/2011 at 09:46 PM by Rotknee

I got the tank late Tuesday evening and that puppy was heavy!!! It is also bigger than I expected. Lee-Mar did an awesome job and it was worth the wait.

You can also see pics of the cut pad from my previous post. So, far everything is working out as expected.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/shonuff66/NewTank007.jpg[/IMG]
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 11312 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Rotknee is offline Edit Tags