Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > Misled
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

Jesse's Little Corner of The World

Posted 12/22/2011 at 08:16 PM by Misled

First a bit about me. I'm 54 years old and have been in the salt water hobby for about 24 years now. Started back in 87 with a fish only and moved to reef in the early 90's.
The present tank is a 54 corner. It's been through a few changes over the last 4 years. It started as a well mixed reef. This lasted about three years. I added an anemone for my pair of clowns. At around the same time, my 16 inch toadstool figured it was too heavy and started dropping offspring. I gave them away as fast as I could. I am left with 4 of those in the tank now, but as this was going on the nem decided it wasn't happy where it was. It started moving all over the tank, never settling down. It never moved on the glass, but always stayed on the rock work so I didn't worry too much.
Yep, then it decided to get into a modded maxijet. There were pieces everywhere. I was able to get out most of the sps and lps and get them to local reefers. Most of the rest didn't survive. There are still a few trumpets but that's about. It didn't bother the leathers or the zoas, but the aftermath of cyano has been somewhat annoying.
As of this point, it's going away. The large toadstool is about 8 inches now, (I've given away 20 or so, and yes John, you still have a couple in my fuge).The clowns are hosting it now.

Well that's it for now. Be back later.

Merry Christmas.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6510 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments