View Single Post
Unread 03/18/2017, 01:49 PM   #753
Wally.B
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMonkee View Post
Every time I peruse this thread I wish I didn't go barebottom...
Don't regret going Glass Bottom (Cyano, GHA, Brown Algae). It's the best thing I ever did.

I had problems continuously with Sandbed. Then when I removed it things clicked. Just have enough live rock (with extra in the sump).
With glass bottom, you see the Ditritus build up and easy clean sweep during Water Change Sihpon. My Ditritus accumulates as seen in left corner.

Just lay some corals on Flat Rocks, on the Glass bottom to fill in the space. Make use of the "Clean Glass Stable bottom"

I did remove my Leather (as seen in picture in previous Post).
Best things I ever did. It was taking up too much space and shading.

With extra room for layout, moved the LPS around (and Glued everything down)
Plus added one special "Aussie Golded Torch (Front-View-Bottom-Right)" to complete the LPS mix.
I have room for nothing more. Time to grow everything out.

BTW:
The Multi-pieces of Frogspawn (seen in front view) started with 1 head about 12 years ago.
Same with the Trumpets. Just one head originally.
Even Sold many heads over time since too many. So they do grow well and easy to keep. (No special feeding, just Light).

Here is the new layout (FRONT)

Tank is 3 Sided viewing between Kitchen & Family Room (Back/Side View)

Back side is where the fish Hang out. They like the Current from the Return Tube.

I'm slowly stripping off the Sand Bottom from my other SPS tank. Had enough!!

And to answer to post above "Yes you can mix, match, Euphylia corals (Frogspawn, Torces, Hammers, etc).
I have all of the types, and they brush/touch against each other.
(But they will sting other coral. Trick to keeping sweeper is check, is have good circulation, it limits their reach)

Newest LPS addition is the "Aussie Golden Torch", which I just mounted in a open spot to expand.

Last edited by Wally.B; 03/18/2017 at 02:03 PM.
Wally.B is offline   Reply With Quote