View Single Post
Unread 05/17/2007, 01:40 PM   #1
Bcollins111900
Registered Member.

My 220 Reef in Detail

I have been wanting to start a thread about my current setup for quite a while so I figured when would be a better time then now? I have been in the hobby since March 2005. I started out with a 55 gallon tank that I loved but was in a serious car accident about 6 months later that forced me sell the tank. About 8 months later I setup a Tenecor 70 Gallon Corner Acrylic tank. Once packed with corals I decided I needed a larger footprint so I upgraded to a 75 gallon. As we all know, the bigger the better, so I found a guy here on RC local in Columbus who was moving and had a 220 Gallon Acrylic tank and was looking for a 75 gallon or 90 gallon. Well let's just say I snagged the best deal IMO that I have ever came across. We traded tanks and the work began. I was living in Columbus at the time and would be moving to Mansfield Ohio in a few weeks. I had already torn down the 75 gallon and placed everything into a 100 Gallon Rubbermaid until I could get the 220 setup in Mansfield at the better half's place in Mansfield (Yes She Apporved a Larger Tank!). At the time she had to pay for water at her house and I did not at my apartment in Columbus. So I pre-mixed saltwater in Columbus and brought it all up to Mansfield in about 4 trips. I had already purchased a new AGA Black Pine Stand from Phishy Business as well as two Hydor 4's and other misc. stuff. Living in Columbus at the time put Savko right at my backdoor so I was able to pick up all the plumbing locally. I drilled the tank to have a return as I did not want to use the corner overflow that was in the tank for a return. I added 80lbs of new agronite sand and started to add the already made saltwater. After the water was all in I made a trip to Columbus to get all the Live Rock. Hauled it up to Mansfield and placed it all in the tank. The next day I got up early and went to Columbus where I bagged up all the fish and corals with a heat sealer (Life Saver!!!) and once again made the haul back to Mansfield. The tank has been set up here in Mansfield in our basement now for about two months now (yeah I know, but is had it's good side to being in the basement). Here is a Detailed Description of the Tank in everything in it...

[IMG][/IMG]

Tank & Stand:
220 Gallon Acrylic Tank W/Corner Over Flow 72"L x 24"D x 30"H
80 lbs. Agronite Sand
250-275 Lbs. Live Rock (Mostly Figi, some Tonga Branch)
AGA Black Pine Stand
Custom Built Removable Canopy
40 Gallon Rubbermaid Sump

Lighting, Pumps, Reactors, & Skimmer:
2- 175 Watt 14K Metal Halides (Soon to be upgraded to 250's)
GEN-X PCX Return Pump
2-Hydor Koralia 4's for more circulation
Phosban Reactor
AquaEuro Classic 400 Skimmer

Fish: (The Better Half Named all the Fish so Blame Her)
5"Yellow Tang AKA Skittles
3" Hippo Tang AKA Capone
2" Spanish Hog AKA Snout
3" Cinnamon Clown (Fem) AKA Mr. Dinkle (Yes I know it's Female)
2" Cinnamon Clown (Male) AKA Mr. Dinkle's Girl Friend
3" Diadema Psudomchromis
5- Green Chromis
Soon to Be Added Pair of Blue Throat Triggers and Copperband BF

Inverts:
1-Cleaner Shrimp AKA Mr. Crackhead
1-Coral Banded Shrimp AKA Hiedi
Pink and Yellow Cucumber
GBTA
50 Astrea Snails
200 Alyssa Snails
Green Brittle Star (Lives in the Overflow Box)
Red Brittle Star
4" Ultrad Grade Crocea Clam

Corals:
Green Polyp Umbrella Leather
Orange Zoas (Bam Bam's, Fire & Ice, Arm'y Greens)
4 Headed Bright Green Yaeyamaensis
6 Headed Green Arm Purple Tip Frogspawn
4" Red Lobophyllia
Mushrooms (Red, Blue, Purple, Green, Teal, Brown)
6"x6" Acan Echinata Colony Purple with Green Eyes
18 Polyp Red Acanthastrea Lord
Large Anthelia Colony (Center Piece of Tank)
Large Colt Coral
6" Red/Brown Monti Cap
12 Headed Torch Coral Colony
5"x5" Green Favia
8"x4" Red Favia
Duncanopsammia
4"x4" Orange Crush Acan Echinata Colony
Candle Apply Palythoas
Stary Night Palythoas
22 Head Candy Cany Colony (Supper Fluffy)
Pink Trachaphyllia
4 Head Purple Arm Purple/Green Tip Frogspawn
1 Head Green Arm Pink Tip Hammer
17 Head Bright Grn Arm Purple/Pink Tipped Hammer/Frog Morph?

I am sure that I have missed something along the way but it will give you a general idea of what my tank is made up of. Future plans would be to add the pai of Blue Throat Triggers and the Copperband BF, Upgrade the Lighting to 250's MH's, Calcium Reactor, and any other coral that I can't live without. Please feel free to post comments good or bad. What does not kill me only make me stronger. I hope you have all enjoyed my tank. I owe the success of myself and tank in this hobby to my Fiance Joyce, CORA Central Ohio Reef Aquarists www. CoraReef.org , Reef Central, and the many of people who have helped me out over the years.

Current Tank Info: 285 Gal Display 500 gallons total, Reeflo Orca 250 Pro, GEO 624 Calc. Reactor, Dual GEO Reactors, Dual 400W Halides, LPS/Zoa Dominated
Bcollins111900 is offline   Reply With Quote