View Single Post
Unread 02/13/2016, 02:12 PM   #1
Devaji108
Registered Member

SCA 90 rimless...a mountain reef build.

Hello everyone,
just thought I would share my new build.
A little back story I got in to the hobby about 10 years ago. in that time I had a 90, 6'-125, 150, 240 75, almost a 40br and now a rimless 90.

I move a lil to much and once I got in to it I had 3 tanks running..haha

ok fast forward been tank less for a few years. decided to get back in with a KISS 40br...well you all know how hard that is. or least it seams to be anyway. got the 40 at the 1 per gallon sale decided to drill it. cracked the 1st attempt. back 100 miles to get another one. got that one drilled but was just a lil to low but i was gonna rock it. during the cycle the bulk head started leaking very slowly siliconed it worked for a few days then keep going would drip down inside tha paint in to the rim then over. was a pain...

so I just decided to treat myself to a new tank! I mean its the only since able thing to do right?

a SCA 90 galon rimless my 1st rimless. cube(ish)
36x 24x24 12mm starphire glass on 3 sides.

I decided to go with a 36" tank as I had my BML 36" MC 20K light waiting to be used. + my though was if/when I move again I would be able to easily keep the tank. I really had to resist there deal on the 150.

the tank is a real beauty! black silicone nicely done. polished edges..
BUT it's Fing heavy. its not a bad thing its build like a tank with the 12mm glass but DAMN it was a pain to move in the snow and up a flight of stairs.

but so far i LOVE it!

equipment list:

~DIY 2x4 stand trimmed out in cold roll steel.
~40br sump 3 chamber
~reef octopus skimmer I kept from my 75 rated for 100+
~DIY ATS (not sure on upflow of waterfall or turbo style ) I really like the idea of ATS and may even go skimmer less
~ 500W heater
~ quite one return pump
~ 50 lbs of TBS 2:1 LR
~20lbs of BRS reef saver now LR for cycling in that 4 months
~ I have one RW15 will add another next size up.

lighting
another 36" BML 20K MC or XB
OR
reef breeders new photon V2

tank is going to focus on gorgs. sponges ,LPS and some softies and with a few select SPS like monti and birdnets.
I really like flow, and movement..

so let the fun began!
:cheers:

Last edited by Devaji108; 02/13/2016 at 02:58 PM.
Devaji108 is offline   Reply With Quote