View Single Post
Unread 10/25/2005, 03:19 PM   #6
Anthony Calfo
Registered Member

flame83,

It's very reassuring to hear that you are aware of the need for a good business plan and seem to have avenues/resources to your advantage that most folks do not.

As for filtration issues, you will learn soon that farming has little to do with aquarium keeping - namely, the use of live rock is a huge liability for prop systems (countless nuisance, pest or competitive organisms to targeted farm species). You will want to utilize controlled media such as seeded sand filters or mechanical filters and ... above all... plan for such high turnover of inventory by strategic selection of the most salable species that your water loss to sales each week will be enormous (and a principal support of water quality).

You'd also do well to invest the time and money to visit profitable coral farms in the North and Midwest too; see some successful models in action.

Lastly... and please understand that this is profferred with the best intentions (no slight intended), but if you want to be taken seriously and given due respect by other professionals and industry folks, then you need to make a strict rule to write and speak like you are well informed and literate.

Your lack of punctuation, capitalization or even complete sentences is not only difficult to read, but makes you look unpolished if not amateur. I do hope they teach that in business school

I realize it has little meaning online here beyond being courteous to those of us that will read (easier) your messages and be able to help you (better). But, I'm strongly advising you to make it a habit to always and only speak concisely and properly in life as a matter of putting your best foot forward. This is especially necessary when seeking advice, giving advice, and dealing with customers or suppliers. Your business will benefit from it immensely.

Best of luck and life,

Anthony

Current Tank Info: 2K gallon fishroom, garden ponds
Anthony Calfo is offline   Reply With Quote