View Single Post
Unread 03/11/2021, 07:59 PM   #3
Spaced Cowboy
South Bay Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny Kreyling View Post
Please include some pics when done.
I will. This might give a better idea of what I'm talking about

With the silver part being the 80/20, and two other parts that mutually hold each other in place in the 80/20 groove. The orange part has slots in it that correspond to the mesh of the wire, and the red part prevents the wire from escaping. It can't escape itself because there's no room for it to rotate out. I suspect a dab of superglue would probably work just fine to stop the two from sliding away from each other horizontally.

Put 2 or 3 of these on each side of each 2'x2' segment and you have a locked-in-place wire mesh. The gap behind the crenellations on the orange part is sufficient for at least one more row of mesh, which means no matter how any given piece is cut (and they'll all be cut differently), they'll always be in exactly the same position relative to the 80/20. That means I can design a corner piece to fit a fixed distance for each side away from the other at the corner, and also provide the stand-off for mounting on the ceiling.

I might trim off some of the rounded edges to make it an easier print (less support) but hopefully the idea is clear

Spaced Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote