Thread: Weeds
View Single Post
Unread 08/30/2021, 03:59 AM   #2067
vlangel
Registered Member

I am sorry about the aggression in the QT situation. Damsels I think are especially bad. Even in my display, I started off with 6 healthy yellowtail damsels. I am down to 3, and I feel like it is the same reason that you lost damsels. Of course my display is only on the large size of small at 30" across and 56 gallons.

Hey, that is exciting however about the new fish being in your display tank. I love sailfin tangs. They have such an elegant shape with their big round fins. That would be fun watching Stanley follow Scarlett. I am guessing that you have not seen any aggression amongst the 2 of them? I know multiple tangs in a tank can be a problem but since you have chosen 2 tangs that target different food, you should be good. It was good that Scarlett was added first too since she seemed shy by nature and will be the much smaller fish in the end.

I hear ya about making the tank easier to manage in terms of maintenance. That is what my tank has morphed to as well. Ha ha, getting older will do that to you!

Genesis 1:20 -

Current Tank Info: A 56 gallon naural nutrient macro reef that flows into a 30 gallon fuge with macros/seagrass that flows into a 20 gallon sump.
vlangel is offline   Reply With Quote