View Single Post
Unread 12/09/2005, 12:26 AM   #13
carsonc
Premium Member

Anthony I will try to explain

In the part of the statement : "I did solve the problem" The problem was that I could not make the skimmer (aqua C ) produce anything at all for more than 1 day at a time. It would look like it was going to work and then the next day it was doing nothing . It would not restart unless I changed some of the adjustments, and then it would only work for a short time. Never long enough to even need cleaning.

Next part of statement : "I gave the skimmer to someone else and bought an aqua medic t 1000 ". This is what I did. I was so frustrated with the skimmer that it was better to just give it away than continue trying to get it to work. I did buy an aqua medic and it did work and it is easy for me to use.

None of this was intended as an endorsement of any thing. I do not have enough experience with reef keeping to tell anyone what they should do. I am usually the one asking the questions, many of which you have answered (Thank You).

It goes like this..... You are standing around some nice looking aquarium and some one says I bought one of the those (x-brand) skimmers and so far I have not been able to make it do much. And you reply: Yea I had one of those and I was never able to make it work either. The first person says: what did you do ? You reply :I gave it away and tried a different brand. First person says : what kind did you get and you tell them : First person asks if it works any better than the other one and you say : yes it works and is easy to use.

As far as any of this being unsubstantiated . It is only what happened to me.

The thing that makes the current skimmer better is that I am able to make it work, it produces gunk every day. I was not able to do that with the previous skimmer. I am not saying that the current skimmer is the best there is I am just saying that it worked for me.
Carson

carsonc is offline   Reply With Quote