View Single Post
Unread 11/24/2006, 05:34 PM   #19
perpetual98
Registered Member

I think I'm going to have around 350GPH-400GPH of water returning to the tank from the refuge. The rest of the flow in the tank will be a closed loop. What I was thinking about doing was to use a CPR Aquafuge external to the refuge. I was going to use an Aqualifter pump on a timer to run only a short period of time per day, say 10 minutes or so. I was thinking of running the green water/copepod culture in the Aquafuge and then the aqualifter would pump say a half gallon of fresh water into the Aquafuge, thereby displacing some of the goodies in there where they would be drained into the refuge/return to the tank. I suppose it would be possible with timers set to turn off the UV for a period of time before and after this "feeding" event.

And regarding being embarrased about getting aiptasia at the LFS: Why would you be embarrased to buy it if they're not embarrased to have it all over their tanks.

A xenia forest would be cool too. I would just think that the aiptasia are more aggressive "hunters" of their foodstuffs.

Thanks!
Eric