View Single Post
Unread 09/27/2012, 02:13 PM   #5068
uncleof6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meegwell View Post
why are you mentioning this part? I didnt say anythign about 2.75 to the center of the whole. I just want to make sure nothing gets confusing here.
I mention the hole center so we will start speaking the same language. The driller needs the hole center, for instance you say I want the hole 2 3/4" down from the top of the tank, that is where it will be centered 2 3/4" down from the top of the tank. To the edge of the hole could easily get lost in the shuffle, even with a drawing, in the life and times of an LFS--or a rather busy glass shop for that matter. Implausible? Perhaps, nitpicking probably....

Quote:
I plan on doing 2.75" from top edge of tank to top edge of hole. Do you (or anyone) see a real, significant, problematic, issue with that?
The hole center will be 3.625" from the top. In the range I presented (3.25" - 4.25") before. I gave a reason I would put them down at 4.25", though how significant it is, is another matter. Should not be a problem. What I am wondering is why you came up with an odd number, after I spoon fed you the answer

...I know there is a nit to be made about anything...[/QUOTE]

Of course.

Current Tank Info: 325 6' wide Reef
uncleof6 is offline   Reply With Quote