View Single Post
Unread 08/03/2004, 09:52 PM   #34
aquamanathome
Registered Member

I learned to dive in Connecticut and dove around the north east for several years before moving to Florida 14 years ago. I am lucky enough to get to dive year round day and night very often. Of course not everything goes as planed and I have had several "learning" experiances.

Once during a night dive in late November around 11pm I was diving with two friends looking for lobsters. I was alone at the time "this happens often" about 35' deep. There was a nice lobster under a ledge that went deep under the reef. There was about 2' clearance top to bottom between the rocks and it went about 15 or 20 feet in. I was about 2/3rds of the way wiggling in when I relized that I was stuck. I had stired up the sedament and couldn't see that well. I stoped moving and tried to relax as I was close to panic. After I calmed down I was able to unhook my gear and once off I was able to push myself out while draging my gear.

I put my gear on and finished the dive catching a few, but that one got away and left me with a new respect for where I put myself.

aquamanathome is offline   Reply With Quote