View Single Post
Unread 07/11/2021, 11:25 AM   #10
mms_citrus
Registered Member

Got the aquarium put back together. These are some
I progress pics.

https://imgur.com/gallery/YKHAmlM

The old sump was a wet sump. The ro drained into it and then put the front of the house. So it always had algae and stuff growing in it. That’s why it looks so nasty plus the overflow for the skimmer drained into it too. I’m doing away with all that. Everything will be plumbed right out the front. Sump area while sealed will dry except for spills and accidents. I resealed the corners inside the tank to clean it up. And installed new overflows. New bulkheads and plumbing throughout. I reused some equipment that I had. I decided to spend the money on some other projects and make best use of some of my existing. equipment. I reused the sump. Made nice covers for it tho and cleaned everything up. Reused a return pump I had. And also have switched to a reef octo skimmer. It’s technically a little small for this but it’ll work for a couple months until I get a bigger one. The old downdraft beast I had was just too tall. I put down a wood subfloor as you can see in the pics. On the open end I’m going to make and install a drawer. Extra salt storage and stuff less than 5 inches tall. I used a lot of pvc board. Really enjoyed working with it. I’m very happy so far.

mms_citrus is offline   Reply With Quote