View Single Post
Unread 07/12/2021, 06:17 PM   #18
mms_citrus
Registered Member

i didnt document this phase very well because i was frustrated with this website and its inability to load photos from a phone. i almost quit the thread but im glad i didnt. these are sump photos. if you looked at the imgur links i designed a custom sump. well i designed another one i liked better. in the end the wife and i talked and we decided to use the money for another project, same story about the lighting but ill talk about that next. i have a ruby 36, i reused it. made a better sock setup for it. made some nice covers for all the sections. routed a lip on the sup and a corresponding lip on the covers. the downdraft skimmer i had was too tall. its almost 29' tall. skimmed like a monster tho. it made me sad to shelve it. i had this reefocto laying around. its too small by about 25% but itll do for a couple months. i put down 1/2 pvc sheet on the floor of the sump area, and between the frame supports. and underneath the tank. its super clean. was a nice idea. i ran new power, and a new water line for it all. we have a well, with excellent water here so i eliminated the ro and will run my top off direct like i used to, and will also use it for filling the water change tank and for washing things off.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg sump 1.jpg (47.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg sump 2.jpg (48.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg sump 3.jpg (56.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg sump 4.jpg (34.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg sump 5.jpg (55.8 KB, 16 views)
mms_citrus is offline   Reply With Quote