View Single Post
Unread 10/28/2021, 08:06 AM   #6
Endtroducing
Registered Member

We lost our smaller clownfish and my wrasse, not sure why. No visible aggression, the clown just stopped eating and the social fairy wrasse did great for a week and then disappeared for 3 days, came back looking shaky and died later that day.

Our larger clown, Midas Blenny, YWG and Springer Damsel are all still doing pretty well. Midas Blenny (Frito) definitely rules the tank. I think it may have been a combination of overstocking too quickly or just not quarantining/treating the fish the way I should have. We get back from a trip in later November and at that point we will resume trying to add fish.

I've set up a quarantine tank that is now 3 weeks old and by the time we get back it'll be about 7 weeks old, it's a 20G with a HOB filter full of media, a sponge filter and a blue/green chromis to keep the biological load going and for future stock I will be quarantining and observing fish before they go into the main tank. My test fish is going to be a royal gramma because it's one of our favorite fish and relatively cheap.

Additionally I got a refugium light finally and I wanted to know how to successfully grow a community of pods? Thanks

Endtroducing is offline   Reply With Quote