View Single Post
Unread 06/14/2014, 01:51 PM   #26
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbm1001 View Post
I apologize in advance as it is not my intention to hijack your thread, but I am considering my lighting options for a 180 I'm getting ready to start building. One thing that makes it hard to just jump on board with one lighting technology vs another is not really understanding all the in's and out's of each. I feel I've gotten to a point where I'm fairly comfortable with everything but metal halide lighting though and I cannot seem to be able to find my answers elsewhere. The question I have at the forefront of my mind right now is how to reduce the complexity of design and improve efficiency. Is it possible to power multiple lamps off of a single ballast by running them in series as you would LED or T5HO? If this is too off topic please let me know and maybe you can just send me in the right direction. Thank you
You will need one ballast per lamp, you can not run multiple lamps off a single ballast. There are "dual" ballasts that do exist which are one physical piece, however there are two internal ballasts inside that enclosure.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help out.

Jeremy B. is offline   Reply With Quote