View Single Post
Unread 11/03/2007, 08:27 PM   #5
Rekonn
Premium Member

Below is a pic of my 40g sump that I put together before moving here. I bought a used tank, measured carefully, and had some 1/4" glass baffles cut which I then siliconed in place. The sections from right to left are resevoir, protein skimmer, refugium, and return. The resevoir is something I don't see too often, but I'm really glad I have it. It holds 11g of RODI water, and with an auto topoff, I wouldn't need to add water more than once a week.

I used to have an external Panworld 50PX-X pump, and it was good, but this time around I wanted a quieter setup. So, now you can see a plugged bulkhead and an Oceanrunner 2500 pump. To make room for the new pump, I had to remove a couple baffles. I just finished doing that, and gotta say it's the hardest thing I've done in this hobby yet. Made me pretty nervous to push that hard with a razor blade. I kept thinking, one mistake, and I'd slice my hand open. Used a fishing line, that worked a little too. After over an hour and some sweat, it was finally done.

Rekonn is offline   Reply With Quote