View Single Post
Unread 06/25/2021, 02:43 PM   #8
Chad Vossen
Registered Member
Chad Vossen's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: St. Cloud, Minnesota
Posts: 1,313
Very likely the cause of the fish dying is ammonia. Your larval tank water may have had ammonia and low ph. At a low ph, ammonia is in a non-toxic form. Phyto has a very high ph because there's almost no Co2 in the water. When you add phyto quickly to a larval tank with low ph, you can cause all the ammonia to turn toxic, killing the fish quickly.
For this reason, I always drip phyto into the larval tanks.

Chad Vossen

Current Tank Info: just a bunch of fish :)
Chad Vossen is offline   Reply With Quote