View Single Post
Unread 07/19/2012, 09:14 AM   #9
Palting
Registered Member

Clean the back, don't clean the back, clean the sand, don't clean the sand........what's a guy to do??

Kidding aside, thanks for the responsse. I did like the back wall for the exact reason you mentioned: it looks like a flat rock backdrop. But, time for a change, I guess. Hoping it gets covered with multi-colored coraline instead. If not, and I want that look back, it will come back if I just leave it alone again.

Those "fuzzy things" front and center are large solitary colonies of encrusting Gorgonians and waving hand Xenia. They have been banned to that area so that I can easily keep an eye on them and keep them from overgrowing. Those rock towers are actually up against the back wall. There are large channels, caves and gaps to allow for flow, but they are essentially on the wall. Shortcomings of an 18" depth . Should have gone for a 220

Current Tank Info: Incept 3/2010, 150 RR, 50g sump, 20g fuge, 150w 15K MH x3, T5 actinics x8, moonlight LED x6, 1400gph return, Koralia 1400 x4, 300 g skimmer, 4 tangs, 2 mandarins, 2 perc, 6 line, 3 cardinals, 2 firefish, SPS, LPS, zoas, palys, shrooms, clam
Palting is offline   Reply With Quote