Thread: Weeds
View Single Post
Unread 10/20/2021, 12:57 PM   #2077
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

Yep, it's been a slack aquarist's summer for me. Hopefully, I'll get my act together soon. I just can't get motivated to work on the tank. Plus, I wanted to see how the new herbivores did, as far as algae clean-up goes. So, I've let the tank run wild. Stanley, the new Sailfin Tang looks like he's starting to make a dent in the Caulerpa, but I don't think it's his first choice. I've been feeding the tank only once a day, so they will be 'motivated' to graze naturally, and they have.

I decided to break tank work into smaller 'bites', to help me get working on it. So I just cleaned the glass last weekend. It was manageable but with all the spiroid worms and coralline algae, it was tougher than usual. Now, I'm going after sand bed caulerpa and cyanobacteria. I'm just doing a little, every few days, so it's not overwhelming.

The seagrass is once again overgrown and coated with calcium and coralline. It's great that it grows up to the surface but it could use a simulated manatee grazing event. So the tanks doing ok, but could be prettier.

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote