View Single Post
Unread 02/15/2009, 12:02 PM   #103
ozzmosis
Registered Member

This is a very interesting idea! I like the simplicity of it and I can see how it could have it's advantages if done correctly. I'm getting ready to upgrade to an Austin Oceans Foaminator Max 4200 (dual beckett skimmer) on my 120 gal tank. I think that I will have no problems putting this idea into action on my tank. The are a few things to figure out of course. 1)How much water evaporates daily out of the tank so that a R/O drip could be implemented? 2)How strong to mix the salt water for top-off from the skimming? I guess the questions that I have for you guys are this. If, topping off seperate for evaporation and for what the skimmer takes out, would you want to mix the salt water to full content 1.026? Or does a skimmer take out salt water at full content when skimming wet? Any help on these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

I love the smell of Jet fuel burning in the morning!

In this hobby, you have to be careful not to catch AIDS (Aquarium Induced Divorce Syndrome)!

Current Tank Info: My tank is in the middle of a rebuild right now. I built this system over 2.5 years ago and just wasn't pleased with the outcome. So, this time around I'm improving things that I did poorly (aka "cheap") last time.
ozzmosis is offline   Reply With Quote