View Single Post
Unread 10/26/2011, 01:06 PM   #87
N728NY
Registered Member

That's great Floyd! I will have to see if I can some posts from him and check it out! I know with my 75 gallon set up, I made my scrubber slightly over sized (sized for 100 gallons) and I dump huge amounts of pellets and frozen shrimp in my tank on top of spot feeding my corals on a regular basis and I still have yet to register any nitrates on my test kit. Being that I'm still new I still haven't built up the courage to unplug the skimmer yet. I may try it once I know for sure my scrubber is fully matured, got plenty of ro water made up and salt ready just in case I need to do an emergency water change lol. I still have a clump of cheato left that I suppose would be good back up if the scrubber couldn't keep up. The cheato doesn't really grow very much right now because of the scrubber. I love these scrubbers, I'm so glad I took the time to read "both sides" of the arguments on them to find out the facts about them.

Cool LED Fixture! Keep us updated on it! It definitely would be awesome to venture into the LED lighting side of this. Almost seems like maybe the LED fixtures would be a more evenly distributed light as well as the energy savings? As compared to my cfl lights with the reflector? I know what you mean Floyd, when I live in a second floor apartment and when we're not home you can see a big dark blue glow of actinic light coming from our living room window, can only imagine what the neighbors think we're doing up here lol.

N728NY is offline   Reply With Quote