View Single Post
Unread 04/30/2006, 07:40 PM   #24
Avast Marine
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by mattboy
This is a timely thread, as I'm looking to get a 54 corner bowfront. Stand looks great so far! One question, where will you drill the tank and how will you set up your overflow?
I originally planned to go the syphon route and after drilling the sump my confidence level grew. Now the plan is a weir external overflow to the sump and closed loop with a Panworld 50px-x at around 1000gph with a OM Squirt. I only am going to run 200 gph through the sump with a Ehiem 1250 plumbed externally.

And of course the pics......

ready to cut away..
readytodrill

Slot for weir...

slot

And then I put 4 holes for 3/4" bulkheads with nozzles this is how it looks.

locline

slot2

So the flow should go like this. The surfaced get skimmed and sent to the dungeon for cleaning and then is pumped over the top of the tank and at the back corner. The two pipes in the back should cross each other and blow to the front. The two pipes up front are angled up and cross each other to get the det. up to the top. All of this off course will be pulsing on the OM. I am much happier with this design.
Besides I chose to post my tank thread in the DIY forum so I was starting to get really embaraced using the syphon. My bad, more good DIY to come......

Don't rush art, you get bad art.
Avast Marine is offline   Reply With Quote