View Single Post
Unread 10/28/2009, 04:29 PM   #1
mpoletti
You'll never walk alone

SPS pests and treatment options

Its been a couple years since there has been a really good SPS pest identification and treatment thread. I know that there also have been a lot of advances in the way we treat our tanks and what we treat our tanks with. Our hobby also sees new people starting the hobby everyday while other people figure its time for a break. I can only speak for myself, but when I started adding corals to my tanks, I really did not properly QT corals and I ended up having to learn about pests, bugs, treatment and quarentine the hard way.

There has been many threads in the past that have discussed topics, such as red bugs (rb), Montipora Eating nudibranchs (monti nudis) and Acropora Eating flatworms (aefw). A couple of my favorites are SPS PREADATORS Red bugs, AEFW's ,Monti nudis and Sea spiders. Pictures Inside and AEFW new info and photos . There are plenty more (search feature is amazing), but I thought it was time that we also revisit the topic and begin to get some new photos.

Here are just a couple of my favorite shots from over the years. Please feel free to add you pictures and experiences.

c.) Why chase numbers?
#CoralsLiketoDisco #ReefSerenity

Last edited by mpoletti; 10/28/2009 at 04:35 PM.
mpoletti is offline   Reply With Quote