View Single Post
Unread 11/11/2009, 09:07 AM   #21
stunreefer
Reef Hugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad1 View Post
thank you so much for this primer stunreefer. i read and reread this all the time.
No problem at all, glad I could help
Quote:
Originally Posted by rad1 View Post
what's your regimen for bacterial control of nitrates/phosphates. i know you use prodibio - do you just follow instructions/dosing as recommended?
Yes, I just follow the insturctions, using one vial of BioDigest every two weeks and one vial of Bioptim per week. I also perform at least one 5 gallon water change per week on my ELOS Mini system (~20 gals net), two when I can. The skimmer that comes with the Mini system is inadequate IMO, so I'm changing that out this week actually and will be more comfortable with only weekly water changes. I will be staring to add a few gorgonians and "soft" NPS coral here over the winter which will require a constant food source, and I will have to readdress my nutrient export scheme. Hopefully just the skimmer upgrade will suffice, but I'm not opposed to adding a GFO Rx or De-Nitrate Rx if necessary.

I also utilize a filter sock to catch any excess foods and detrius. I will have to reevaluate this also when I add the other non-photosynthetic coral as they'll clog up extremely fast with small particulate food and it will likely hinder my system.

Make your animals Thrive, not just Survive.
stunreefer is offline   Reply With Quote