View Single Post
Unread 06/29/2010, 09:45 PM   #1
JulieAnnx33
Registered Member

Exclamation Unknown Pipefish death

I purchased a goby about 4 months ago and 3 months ago i purchased a pipefish. **They got along great because the goby never bothered with other fish. I now have 2 seahorses that i've had for about 3 weeks. Everything was going great until last night. I noticed a few white spots randomly on the pipefish's back. No seahorses seem to have brought in this illness because they would have had it also. I don't think it was marine ich because the gills were not affected. There was no cloudiness of the eyes, but he wasn't swimming much and was breathing heavy. I didn't know so i gave him a quick freshwater bath, exactly how you are supposed to. There were spots on his back so i put him in a quarantine tank until he passed about 30 hours after being put in there. I examined him after he died and i saw a cut on the bottom of his "head" (right under the eyes, where a chin would be) that seemed concerning. Could he have cut himself and got an infection and that is what caused his demise? I just don't know. I'm very concerned for my seahorses. Can anyone help me? I could not take pictures because my camera isn't working properly.

Please help me!!

JulieAnnx33 is offline   Reply With Quote