View Single Post
Unread 09/28/2012, 11:04 AM   #5073
uncleof6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmoz View Post
Thanks for the explanation uncleof6!

I don't understand why it could be to high (except for drilling failures/tank cracks etc). Because you can always extent it downwards with a piece of pipe isn't it?

Honestly I only drilled 1 hole at the moment, so I can please the other 2 somewhere lower IF necessarily needed!!

Atmoz
Location: Look at the top drawing in my previous post. The inlet to the dry emergency, is ~ 1/4" below the top of the tank. Way to close for comfort... 1/4" water level rise, and it overflows--is the dry emergency going to perform perfectly and start immediately--

Failsafe trip order: Siphon plugs, dry emergency takes over. If dry emergency cannot handle the flow (due to a plug also) water level rises further, submerging the tubing inlet to the open channel, and allows the open channel to be a siphon..... considering how high the inlet to the dry emergency is, the only safe thing to do would be to trip the open channel first. However, if the tubing inlet is too low, the main siphon may not start properly (another documented issue.)

Current Tank Info: 325 6' wide Reef

Last edited by uncleof6; 09/28/2012 at 11:38 AM.
uncleof6 is offline   Reply With Quote