View Single Post
Unread 09/04/2016, 09:52 PM   #265
joshky
Acros & Wrasses

This is partially what I was talking about, sometimes it's more white and chunky looking. I just pulled this out from the anemone with a turkey baster, you can see the classic rat poop in the slime.

This is a current photo of it, it's probably 50% of its size in this photo, granted it is nighttime but there's a bit more deflation than a healthy mag would show for sure (based on how large I've seen it during the day).

This anemone has never been flat like a pancake, never once had a gaping wipe open mouth, and its never lost its stickiness and has been on that plate since I acquired it. I'm beginning to wonder if my problems are due to water quality issues? I've been doing sometimes 150% water changes to keep up with water quality and it always seems to be full of crud the next time I look at it. The anemone is in a 20 long so I took it upon myself to fill the tank up instead of keeping it half full (10g), I also upped the flow with a RW-8 I had lying around, light is a chinese black box that I have at 75% on both channels.

Here's a photo of when it was first received, but do note that I've seen it larger than that photo. With the water increase in my HT I've upped the dosage of cipro to 500mg/night.

On a side note, most of today this mag was partially balled up with short tentacles even during light hours. Does this mean anything to anyone? Later in the day is when I noticed deflation, but earlier on it was puffed up real nice even being balled up.

My 80g: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2677031
joshky is offline   Reply With Quote