View Single Post
Unread 01/24/2006, 08:07 PM   #13
oama
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Wiggawam
Ugh here we go...

A. Where did I say anythign about being induced?

B/C. How do you think they get morphs like that, they jsut don't spring up out of the ocean like that

D. S far I can only find the Picasso ones on ORA's site and their office is currently closed.
A. I was not specifically directing this to what you said. It is a common accusation that many are hounding on. If it were true, wouldn't you think they would "induce" all the fish they produce and get top $ for everyone? And more would be available?

B/C. As a matter of FACT, these morphs can and DO just spring from the ocean. Case in point, ORA Picasso clownfish are F1 from a Wild Caught male A. percula that is pictured on their website. He is mated to a WC female A. percula that boarders on being "onyx". (Hopefully, no one will accuse "Onyx Percula" as being inbred).

D. This thread, if you look at the title, is about "Snowflake" Ocellaris clownfish. Not "Picasso" A. percula clownfish. Two different species, as well as two different variants.

I think I know what I have in my hatchery and what I am producing.