View Single Post
Unread 12/08/2010, 02:59 PM   #15
beuchat
Registered Member

No way,

The anemone is deflated again. I am thinking maybe it is starting a bacterial infection. Julian Sprung´s book (Coral Reef Vol. II) recommends to look the oral disc and column for sloughing necrosis tissue. If there is none present, then provide strong water flow and observe the animal to see if the condition persists or worsens. If there is necrosis, the anemone must be treated in a hospital tank with antibiotics.

I have prepared the hospital tank just in case, and already got cloramfenicol for this purpose.

Plastic container with heater and a mesh to avoid the anemone to attacht. I will put a koralia inside in case.

The antibiotic+temp controller:

I can not see dead,rotten or torn tissue so I will wait one day more to decide to remove or not. I have recovered previously two heteractis magníficas using this antibiotic and also enrofloxacine, but also lost another two anemones because I could not complete the treatment.

Also read in the book that the clownfishes seem to stimulate the flaccid anemone back to health, in fact I show one of them "diving" into the mouth and some little brown pieces of rest of digested food comming out (like "washing" its stomach)

Any ideas?

Thanks.

beuchat is offline   Reply With Quote