View Single Post
Unread 09/15/2004, 10:41 AM   #28
Foster
Premium Member

I don't know what fantasyland you guys buy these clowns at, that you can hand feed, herd into a container, grab with your hands, scratch there heads, rub there bellies but every clown I have had (every fish for that matter) becomes very concerned whenever a net, hand, or container is present.....including the 2 GSMs I'm trying to remove right now. HELP!

I have a RBTA that they live in, but the clowns have dug up most of the sand under my LR, and the anemone has moved to the underside of the LR, I cant really get my hand in the anemone to grab them at night, they run from the net, container, and my hand.

My tank is 225, and I have over 350lbs of LR, so it is a pain chasing them around the tank. I have tried baiting a clear container, (I think I actually heard them laugh at me ), I tried the night attack, to no luck, as soon as I get my hand down there, they are awake, and just cruise into the rockwork and wait for me to give up.

I guess my last resort, is to try to remove the anemone to an open area, so I can snatch them up.

What is the technique to get the anemones foot off LR?? I really don't want to have to do this, but it is either this, or I make a small harpoon out of rubber bands, and bamboo skewers, to which I will probably shoot my eye out

Foster is offline   Reply With Quote