Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tunze
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/29/2021, 04:31 PM   #1
tjsreeftank
Registered Member

Tunze 6105

I have 2 6105 n when I turn the pumps up high they omit a loud clicking sound . Is this normal. ? There a year n half old n always sounded like that.

tjsreeftank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/28/2021, 07:10 AM   #2
FishN00b83
Registered Member

The clicking is just the shaft hitting the housing. I have 2 6105s and one did that for a while (idk if it was a year and a half though). If you just bought them you prob have the newer drive shaft that doesn’t move. If you take the prop out and look down the hole you’ll see a blue bushing and a plastic spacer that you can pull out.

I ordered a new set for one of my pumps and the clicking went away. They were cheap and it fixed the problem.

Another thing you can do is run them 0-80 and they shouldn’t click anymore either. If you are worried about reach out the narrow front plates on to get more distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk