Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/12/2021, 06:55 AM   #1
scmelik
Registered Member

New Reefer

Hey everyone! I have been a lurker here for years and have been dreaming of building a reef tank for about as long as I could remember. Living arrangements, personal life and finances have always kept that from happening, but finally things have made a change. A very good friend of my fiancé and I upgraded to a larger tank and is gracious enough to give us there 29 gallon tank, stand and light setup to get us started. We are going to be giving it to our 11 year old as a Christmas present as something that her and I can do and learn together, I will be the muscle and take care of the technical side and we are going to give her the reigns on what goes in it, how its designed etc. I am sure I will have a ton of questions as I go so I hope you will all bear with me when I ask some really dumb questions.

scmelik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/12/2021, 08:07 AM   #2
kfisc
Registered Member

Welcome! No such thing as dumb questions- tons of information here. What a great project, good luck!

kfisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/12/2021, 04:14 PM   #3
Sugar Magnolia
Registered Member

That's fantastic! I hope you and your daughter enjoy the process.

The only thing to fear is fear itself....and spiders.
Sugar Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/12/2021, 09:33 PM   #4
scmelik
Registered Member

Thanks I hope it will be a good project. She has very little patience and I’m a bit of a perfectionist so I don’t imagine any arguments at all. ������

scmelik is offline   Reply With Quote