Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/20/2016, 07:47 AM   #51
plyle02
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelW View Post
Now I need to go look up the prices and amounts of each of these to work out price differences between the pre made.
Michael,
I kind of figured the products were assembled this way. I will likely be using the pre-mixed to see how the tank reacts, but keep me posted on your findings should you gravitate towards the dry formula.
Thanks,

"Anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die" ~Buddha~

Current Tank Info: 50 Gallon AIO Cube, Aquamaxx WS-1 Skimmer, LED/ Hybrid 4x24 watt t5
plyle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/21/2016, 12:20 PM   #52
MichaelW
Registered Member

To aquaforest rep,
If you mix your own with the dry kh, ca,mag,and mineral salts and add the components strong, do you end up with exactly the same product? And would it be more cost effective?

MichaelW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/23/2016, 03:01 AM   #53
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor

As You Can see in our Guide

There is few ways to dose Macro and Micro:

1 - Ca Plus, KH Plus, MG Plus (macro) + Component A, Component B, Component C(micro)
2 - Calcium, Magnesium, KH Buffer, Reef Mineral Salt ( Macro) + Components Strong (micro)
3- Calcium, Magnesium, KH Buffer, Reef Mineral Salt ( Macro) + Kalium, Iodum, Fluorine, Iron, Strontium, Micro E (micro)
4 - Component 1+2+3+

Every ways working the same - but Aquarist should find comfortable products for self

Regards,
Aquaforest

Aquaforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/23/2016, 08:59 AM   #54
Tweaked
FUP&A Member

Shouldn't option "1" also include Kalium for others looking at options? This confused me at first as I did not see that either three of the components ABC contained Kalium, so I am balling it manually.

Unread 03/23/2016, 10:36 AM   #55
MichaelW
Registered Member

So option 2 produces the exact same as option 4? I have option 4 being delivered today but when I have used it up I may do option 2 if it is the same but costs less.

Unread 03/23/2016, 01:23 PM   #56
Marc11
Registered Member

So I run ABC with Kalk for Alk and Cal. Should I also be dosing Kalium? I was under the impression that all micronutrients were in ABC.

Marc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/24/2016, 05:13 AM   #57
Tweaked
FUP&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc11 View Post
So I run ABC with Kalk for Alk and Cal. Should I also be dosing Kalium? I was under the impression that all micronutrients were in ABC.
No, Kalium is not in ABC

Unread 03/24/2016, 08:02 AM   #58
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor

Quote:
So option 2 produces the exact same as option 4? I have option 4 being delivered today but when I have used it up I may do option 2 if it is the same but costs less.
Yes.
2=4

Aquaforest

Unread 03/27/2016, 08:27 AM   #59
mordibv
Registered Member

Quote:

Sent u a PM . Didn't want to derail the thread .

Current Tank Info: No tank ATM
mordibv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/27/2016, 08:41 AM   #60
Magem
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaforest View Post
Yes.

2=4

Aquaforest

In relation with option 2, Where can I find the quantity of grams and ml of each product to mix with RO water and prepare the three components? Thanks !

Magem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/27/2016, 09:07 AM   #61
elviraveloz
Registered Member

Every container comes with written insert with instruction in like six different languages.

elviraveloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/28/2016, 10:57 AM   #62
MichaelW
Registered Member

I started the dosing of component 1+ 2+ 3+ a few days ago. I started at 180ml per day of each. I think I am now close to the correct dosage at 230ml of each. My levels have dropped of course while trying to find the correct dose so will be bringing them back up with standard buffers etc. I think I may have to dose a little more but not much to maintain my desired parameters.
It is quite a lot of dosage compared to what I was doing before so the containers won't last long. Next time I will buy the bulk powders and components strong and mix a large amount myself.

Unread 03/28/2016, 12:57 PM   #63
Magem
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elviraveloz View Post
Every container comes with written insert with instruction in like six different languages.

Thanks!!

Magem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/13/2016, 06:23 PM   #64
MichaelW
Registered Member

I have ordered and received all products needed to make version 2 above, however the magnesium buffer was back ordered and will not arrive for a while. My question is would it be fine to make the balling solutions just without the magnesium and use this untill the mag buffer arrives? Or would it cause a problem?

Unread 04/14/2016, 05:04 AM   #65
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor

Quote:
I have ordered and received all products needed to make version 2 above, however the magnesium buffer was back ordered and will not arrive for a while. My question is would it be fine to make the balling solutions just without the magnesium and use this untill the mag buffer arrives? Or would it cause a problem?
If You have Components1+2+3+ for now so I recommend to wait for everything. If You haven't anything to dose then You Can prepare Balling without magnesium.

Regards,
Aquaforest

Unread 04/14/2016, 08:06 AM   #66
MichaelW
Registered Member

I have used up all my comp 1+ 2+ 3+. I will mix a small amount without mag and hope it arrives soon

Unread 04/16/2016, 01:02 AM   #67
aShF
Registered Member

Hi,

How are people dosing these into the tank(I know with a doser), do you dose all 3 at the same time or 30min/1hour gaps between each of them? How many doses over 24hrs?

Thanks

aShF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/18/2016, 06:58 AM   #68
nemodan
Registered Member

Quote:
As You Can see in our Guide

There is few ways to dose Macro and Micro:

1 - Ca Plus, KH Plus, MG Plus (macro) + Component A, Component B, Component C(micro)
2 - Calcium, Magnesium, KH Buffer, Reef Mineral Salt ( Macro) + Components Strong (micro)
3- Calcium, Magnesium, KH Buffer, Reef Mineral Salt ( Macro) + Kalium, Iodum, Fluorine, Iron, Strontium, Micro E (micro)
4 - Component 1+2+3+

Every ways working the same - but Aquarist should find comfortable products for self

Regards,
Aquaforest

Hi

From the quoted posting I understand that IF I USE COMPONENT A + B + C with my dosing method I will be near with what it is achieved if I use the Balling system 1+2+3........ correct ?

I am using B-ionic (1 and 2) for dosing. It is an equilibrated 2 part dosing system (alk and Ca).

I do have a DOS Neptune dosing system that has only 2 pumps. Buying a new dosing system with 3 pumps it will be expensive (~ $300-$450).

Also my system is equilibrated,as it is today in Ca, Alk and Mg. I replenish Mg with 15% Water Changes every weekend.

Being said all these, I am still having issues to keep a nicely loaded tank with SPS.

I am missing something that my WC are not able to replenish enought. I am using Reef Crystal Salts.

So, I thought that instead of jumping to the Balling system and expend a lot of money in new dosing pumps, I can add the components A, B and C and continue with my dosing system.

What do you think ?

Thank you !!
Daniel

nemodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/18/2016, 07:45 AM   #69
mhucasey
Acros & wieners, oh my!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemodan View Post
Hi

From the quoted posting I understand that IF I USE COMPONENT A + B + C with my dosing method I will be near with what it is achieved if I use the Balling system 1+2+3........ correct ?

I am using B-ionic (1 and 2) for dosing. It is an equilibrated 2 part dosing system (alk and Ca).

I do have a DOS Neptune dosing system that has only 2 pumps. Buying a new dosing system with 3 pumps it will be expensive (~ $300-$450).

Also my system is equilibrated,as it is today in Ca, Alk and Mg. I replenish Mg with 15% Water Changes every weekend.

Being said all these, I am still having issues to keep a nicely loaded tank with SPS.

I am missing something that my WC are not able to replenish enought. I am using Reef Crystal Salts.

So, I thought that instead of jumping to the Balling system and expend a lot of money in new dosing pumps, I can add the components A, B and C and continue with my dosing system.

What do you think ?

Thank you !!
Daniel
Daniel, B-ionic already has the micronutrients in it, I wouldn't add the components strong to them. If you wanted to switch over to the Components you mix up Calcium and Magnesium Chloride(part 1), Sodium Carbonate(part2), and "Reef Mineral Salt"(Sodium chloride free salt)(Part 3).

The components are added to these- Component A&B go into Part 1, Component C into Part 2, Component D into part 3. This is classic full Balling.

If you wanted to try this just get one BRS 1.1ml/min Peristaltic pump, they are about 80 bucks. You plug it directly into an Apex outlet. No need to buy a whole new Three head doser.

I cant stress enough, don't double up with B-Ionic trace elements! I used B-ionic in the beginning and I saw many improvements in health when I gave up on it and went to classic Randy's recipe 2-part.

See my tank thread here: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2468548

Current Tank Info: 120 Gallon Rimless Starphire Shallow Reef. Reef Octopus Diablo EXT-200 skimmer, Chaeto Reactor, Lighting: ATI Sunpower 8X39W, 6X39W Sunpower
mhucasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/18/2016, 09:10 AM   #70
nemodan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhucasey View Post
Daniel, B-ionic already has the micronutrients in it, I wouldn't add the components strong to them. If you wanted to switch over to the Components you mix up Calcium and Magnesium Chloride(part 1), Sodium Carbonate(part2), and "Reef Mineral Salt"(Sodium chloride free salt)(Part 3).

The components are added to these- Component A&B go into Part 1, Component C into Part 2, Component D into part 3. This is classic full Balling.

If you wanted to try this just get one BRS 1.1ml/min Peristaltic pump, they are about 80 bucks. You plug it directly into an Apex outlet. No need to buy a whole new Three head doser.

I cant stress enough, don't double up with B-Ionic trace elements! I used B-ionic in the beginning and I saw many improvements in health when I gave up on it and went to classic Randy's recipe 2-part.
Thank you Matt for your answer and advice !!!!

For more that I tried I couldn't fine any reference of what it is in the B-ionic bottles , beside bicarbonate and Ca. I hate myself for not being able to find any details about the B-ionic.

As I was reading this thread I though that I could manage to add once a week the A, B and C components to the tank, to supplement whatever the Reef Crystal mix isn't able to supplement.

My LFS suggested me to add the "strong components A,B and C " to my B-ionic and I said NO !!!! (That was 2 weeks ago).

Reading this thread I realized that there are also big bottles of the components A, B and C , that is suggested to be used at least once a week. I said to myself " I can do that, when I am back home, once a week, I can add a little if those components to the tank manually".

If I understand correctly Matt, you do NOT SUGGEST to add components A, B and C in ANY of the suggested ways. OR you are refering only to the "component strong ".

In other words : if I add, once a week, as suggested by AF, manually, components A, B, C to my tank, could be an issue because I am already using b-Ionic that have some of those components ?

Cheers ...... and THANK YOU !!!! As always for you impute.

Daniel

BTW: I have 2 BRS dosing pumps, that I replaced with the DOS Apex system, connected and programed to my Apex, and not not in use now. I am afraid of using one of them to pump the same volume as the DOS because at the end I will not be sure ever if the 3 pumps are dosing what they have to dose.

Last edited by nemodan; 04/18/2016 at 09:17 AM.
nemodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/18/2016, 09:46 AM   #71
mhucasey
Acros & wieners, oh my!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemodan View Post
Thank you Matt for your answer and advice !!!!

For more that I tried I couldn't fine any reference of what it is in the B-ionic bottles , beside bicarbonate and Ca. I hate myself for not being able to find any details about the B-ionic.

As I was reading this thread I though that I could manage to add once a week the A, B and C components to the tank, to supplement whatever the Reef Crystal mix isn't able to supplement.

My LFS suggested me to add the "strong components A,B and C " to my B-ionic and I said NO !!!! (That was 2 weeks ago).

Reading this thread I realized that there are also big bottles of the components A, B and C , that is suggested to be used at least once a week. I said to myself " I can do that, when I am back home, once a week, I can add a little if those components to the tank manually".

If I understand correctly Matt, you do NOT SUGGEST to add components A, B and C in ANY of the suggested ways. OR you are refering only to the "component strong ".

In other words : if I add, once a week, as suggested by AF, manually, components A, B, C to my tank, could be an issue because I am already using b-Ionic that have some of those components ?

Cheers ...... and THANK YOU !!!! As always for you impute.

Daniel

BTW: I have 2 BRS dosing pumps, that I replaced with the DOS Apex system, connected and programed to my Apex, and not not in use now. I am afraid of using one of them to pump the same volume as the DOS because at the end I will not be sure ever if the 3 pumps are dosing what they have to dose.
AFs Naming is confusing, that is part of the problem.
B-ionic 2-part contains the same elements that are in "Components A, B, and C" I wouldn't dose them together with B-ionic as you would be doubling up on trace elements.
"Components Strong A, B, C, and K(I said D above, its K)" are used to make up classic 3-part Balling.
I find the BRS pumps to be extremely reliable and accurate, you would obviously dose for a different duration than the DOS pump. You can check the accuracy of the BRS pump by letting it pump into a container for 10 minutes and then measuring the volume and dividing by 10.

B-ionic is supposed to be amazing stuff that will do it all with only two parts. I did not find that to be true. For the cost savings and stability I much preferred Baking soda and Calcium Carbonate(Randy's 2-part).

See my tank thread here: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2468548

Current Tank Info: 120 Gallon Rimless Starphire Shallow Reef. Reef Octopus Diablo EXT-200 skimmer, Chaeto Reactor, Lighting: ATI Sunpower 8X39W, 6X39W Sunpower
mhucasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/02/2016, 03:12 AM   #72
tangens
Registered Member

Hi.

I run the Zeovit method using the calcium reactor with Ca, Kh - coral gravel + Mg media inside it.
Tell me please, can I use your - Aquaforest balling method in my Zeovit system.
If so, what is the recommended kit of Aquaforest products I should use.

Thank you,
Alex.

tangens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/02/2016, 06:27 AM   #73
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangens View Post
Hi.

I run the Zeovit method using the calcium reactor with Ca, Kh - coral gravel + Mg media inside it.
Tell me please, can I use your - Aquaforest balling method in my Zeovit system.
If so, what is the recommended kit of Aquaforest products I should use.

Thank you,
Alex.
Hello,
In our display Tank we dose Component1+2+3+ with Calcium Reactor but this is Big tank with Big corals colonies.
Do You need to dose Ca,KH,Mg extra?

Unread 05/02/2016, 07:37 AM   #74
tangens
Registered Member

Quote:
Hello,
In our display Tank we dose Component1+2+3+ with Calcium Reactor but this is Big tank with Big corals colonies.
Do You need to dose Ca,KH,Mg extra?
Hi.

Thank you for your response!

Inside the first chamber of the reactor, I use the coral grave (by KZ).
Inside the second chamber (the small on), I use magnesium media (dolomite by KZ).
I hold the ph level inside the calcium reactor on 6.5.

My parameters are:
Ca 410 (normal)
dKh 8.3 (slightly high)
Mg 1245 (low)

If I try to decrease the dKh level, my ph drops down to 7.6 (day) and 7.4 night. Then the low ph stimulating the algae.

So I have the several questions for you, please:

1. Which media do you recommend to use in my calcium reactor?
2. What is preferable to run Balling or Calcium reactor, in case the both SEPARATELY can supply the demands of my SPS corals?
3. Can I use your Component1+2+3+ instead my calcium reactor and continue to run the Zeovit system? I mean, can it be the overdose or collision using the Component1+2+3+ elements with ZeoVit products?

Thank you!
Alex.

tangens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/04/2016, 01:50 AM   #75
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor

First of all You should know what contains Your products of another brand then AF.
We explain You everything of our products but it will be good to know what are You dosing to Your tank to not double dosage.

If Your Calcium reactor fill doesn't contains microelements You can dose that separately:
Iodum, Valium, Fluorine, Iron, Micro E, Strontium or by Component A, Component B, Component C,

I You will choose balling You Can find few ways to dose macro (Ca,KH,MG) and Micro:

Component 1+2+3+ contains macro (Ca,KH,MG) and Microelements. This is full set - ready to use formula for growth and coloration.