Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Royal Exclusiv / Bubble King
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/08/2021, 12:12 PM   #1
mrpizzaface
Registered Member

double cone vs deluxe

I am in the process of putting together a 300 gallon display with an attached 90 gallon frag tank. I plan on stocking heavily based on your rubric of 1/2" per gallon. I have a double cone 250 but am really tempted to get the deluxe 250 and sell the DC. I understand the build quality is different, but will I notice much of a difference performance wise between the double cone and the deluxe?

mrpizzaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/10/2021, 07:29 PM   #2
slief
RC Sponsor

The Deluxe will be more flexible with the load and will be easier to tune which will allow you to get more out of it. It’s truly our flag ship skimmer and is by far my favorite internal skimmer of any on the market and I say that as a hobbyist first and foremost. It’s an absolutely beast and the range of adjustment for fine tuning wet and dry skimmer and varying sump depths between the wedge pipe, telescope tube coupled with the RD3 and body design for getting the best foam density and then the build quality (it’s built like a Sherman tank) puts the Deluxe way ahead of any skimmer on the market. There are some cars that look like they are going a million miles an hour even if they are standing still.. The Deluxe has that kind of appeal from the moment you put your hands on it and it performs as good as it looks and feels.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote