Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/07/2016, 10:33 PM   #1
Goldilocks_
Registered Member

Question Zebra Danio Parasite?

HI! I just got a new 20 gal and put some cycle fish in yesterday. One of the cycle fish, a zebra danio, has a bump on his mouth. I thought it might be lice but i looked closer and its more of a vertical circle rather than an oval. One of them has one bump and another has 2. None of the other fish has this. Should I be worried? If it is a parasite will it spread to other fish and or decorations in the tank? Thanks!

BTW just for fun heres what Im doing after my tank is cycled: 1 neon gourami, 3 ghost cat fish, maybe some ember or neon tetras, 3 small pink danios, idk maybe a yoyo loach. Im not sure yet.. any suggestions for peaceful, hardy, active and colorful fish? I know a bunch but I thought Id get some other opinions.. The other tank I have has 2 platies (maureen and darren both male but peaceful) and one honey gourami(francis).

Goldilocks_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/07/2016, 10:40 PM   #2
CStrickland
Registered Member

Hi goldilocks!
You might get more responses on a freshwater fish forum. I'm sure some of the more experienced reefers around here have fw tanks too, but it's not the main focus.

Current Tank Info: 3/2016 upgrade to 120g. Chalk bass, melanurus, firefish, starry blenny, canary blenny, lyretail anthias, engineer gobys, kole tang. Softies / LPS / NPS. <3 noob4life <3
CStrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/07/2016, 11:50 PM   #3
MMacro
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CStrickland View Post
Hi goldilocks!
You might get more responses on a freshwater fish forum. I'm sure some of the more experienced reefers around here have fw tanks too, but it's not the main focus.
Yep...

Tags
help 20, parasite, question